Neograft is a minimally invasive hair transplant treatment. It has been cleared by the Food and Drug Administration and is highly effective. This treatment option uses minimally invasive follicular unit extraction (“FUE”) to restore your hair. The treatment takes individual hair follicles from the back of your head and transplants them into the affected area. It doesn’t require surgery, and there is no need for incisions or stitches. This means you will have no residual scars, and the results appear natural.
Dr. Cain Linville is passionate about this method as it has changed the lives of so many of his patients. He believes that this technology has revolutionized the hair transformation process. This is because Neograft is distinguished from other methods. After all, it can be customized to each patient. Many of the treatments are outdated and reinforce negative stereotypes about hair restoration. Things like scarring and the visible appearance of plugs are unlike this treatment. It is much subtler and more effective without everyone seeing the aftermath of a surgery. This procedure includes no scarring and has practically no downtime.
Benefits of Neograft
The treatment has so many benefits that distinguish it from other, less effective methods. Below you will find some of the benefits of Neograft and why so many people have chosen it.
- Extraction and Implantation: Each follicle is precisely extracted and then implanted into the affected area.
- Higher Follicle Counts: This method, as compared to others, has the ability for a higher follicle count to extract from as it is taken from your head of hair.
- Precise Implantation: The follicles are precisely implanted to align with adjacent hairs so that the direction and continuity of your hair patterns are maintained. This helps with ensuring your hair looks natural, and the changes are subtle.
- No Incisions or Scarring: The treatment is considered nonsurgical, and you will not experience numbness after treatment. This is because no incisions are required for extraction and implantation.
- Lasting Results: The method helps with keeping your results long-lasting as much more follicles survive as compared to other methods.
- Fast Recovery: Since this is non-surgical and without any incisions, recovery is fast, and the results are quick.
- Range of Candidates: One of the benefits of this treatment is that it can be performed on both men and women. Also, the length of your hair is not a concern as it works on both long and short hair.
Candidates for NeoGraft
- Men or women: This method is not meant only for men. Women experience hair loss that can also be problematic for their confidence and self-esteem.
- Hair Loss: If you are experiencing hair loss, this may be right for you. It’s important to remember to schedule a consultation as soon as you notice the loss. It is easier to treat the issue sooner than later.
- Healthy Outlook: If you are interested in this procedure, Dr. Linville wants you to have a positive and healthy outlook about the procedure and results.
How does Neograft Work?
The procedure itself takes individual follicles from the back and sides of your head. The process does not leave any scarring, and you will not feel any numbness. Also, the procedure does not disrupt the scalp’s blood supply, which is helpful as a lack of blood supply can disrupt hair growth. The follicles are then implanted back into your scalp individually. The results are natural as the implantation follows your natural hair growth patterns. The follicles are implanted individually, which provides a more natural result. The results are further enhanced by staggering the follicles. The insertion is done strategically per the patient’s unique needs.
How Does NeoGraft Compare to Other Hair Restoration Methods?
The benefits of Neograft are much better and more effective than other treatment methods. One of the more common methods of hair restoration is strip grafting. This method cuts a medium to large-sized strip of scalp from the back or sides of your head. This leaves a visible scar as the incisions are necessary for this method. The drawbacks of this method are vast as it is less effective, often requires repeated procedures, and leads to additional scars. The scarring can be distracting and place focus on the area. There can also be issues with decreased blood flow in those regions of the scalp, which can result in numbness.
Another method that is outdated and ineffective are plugs. This procedure includes a cluster of follicles being transferred. The result is obvious and looks like the appearance of doll hair. It is difficult to conceal and hard to correct if someone opts for such an outdated procedure. The implantation is not aligned well, and the results are unnatural.
NeoGraft is one of the most effective treatments for hereditary hair loss. This noninvasive hair transplant is a great alternative to outdated methods that has major benefits. The procedure is highly effective with little risk. Patients who choose NeoGraft report that their self-esteem has increased, they are more confident in their appearance, and they feel like themselves again.
Dr. Cain Linville at Hair Specialists Houston is a plastic and reconstructive surgeon with over a decade of experience in hair loss treatments. Dr. Linville and his team are prepared to help each patient feel comfortable and get them back to feeling like themselves again. Contact Hair Specialists Houston today for a consultation!